Tonight I made my first batch of Pumpkin Rolls this season. :) Couldn’t help but share the recipe with you all!
Yields 24 rolls!
- 2 TBS active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 6 TBS butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 TBS salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 5 or more cups flour (I did a 50/50 wheat to white ratio)
- Activate yeast in warm water with 1/2 tsp white sugar. Once activated add butter, honey, salt, eggs, and pumpkin. Mix well! Slowly begin incorporating flour until dough is slightly sticky but workable.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface and knead for 6 minutes, adding flour when necessary. Place in lightly oiled bowl and allow to rise until double(about 1 hour.)
- Punch down, divide dough into 24 pieces, and form into round balls. Place dough in buttered 9×13 Pyrex and allow to rise until double again(30 or so minutes!) Preheat oven to 375°(f).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown!