How about another recipe? I made this recipe up in honor of National Dessert day because you really can’t miss that day! ;) Chocolatey cupcake topped with a spicy latte frosting(Okay, I used eggnog in the icing but milk will work wonderfully too). Add an espresso bean on top for a perky presentation! Enjoy. :)
Yields 18-20 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk(I used eggnog!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 6 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup milk(Okay, I used eggnog! It was simply delicious!!)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 4 cups powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with muffin liners. Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the dissolved coffee and buttermilk. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool completely!
- While cooling prepare the icing!
- Dissolve instant coffee in milk, Beat together butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk until smooth. slowly incorporate powder sugar until frosting reaches desired stiffness.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.