Happy Friday y’all!!? Things are humming here at Garlands of Grace Headquarters and we’re celebrating Friday with Funfetti Cupcakes. ? Super moist Yellow Cake speckled with cute confetti sprinkles and topped with a fudgy chocolate frosting! ? Recipe and pictures below!!
yields: 18 cupcakes!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sprinkles!!
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with liners! Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt! set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute between each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and beat on low speed until just combined. Add the milk and sour cream and beat on low for 1 minute, then increase the speed to medium and beat for 3 additional minutes. Mix in sprinkles thoroughly!
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins(generous 1/4 cup batter per muffin cup!) Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting! Place all frosting ingredients in mixing bowl and beat on low speed gradually increasing to medium. Beat for 3 minutes or until combined and fluffy!
- Ice cupcakes, add sprinkles(optional!), and enjoy(not optional)!!
“Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.”