Winter weather calls for warm and delicious Donut Muffins! You can often find my sister in the kitchen early morning mixing up a batch or two. The delightful smell of moist muffins, butter, cinnamon sugar, and freshly brewed coffee fill the house making getting out of bed a little easier. 😉 And today I get to share her secret recipe with you!! My sister’s much loved Donut Muffins. All the warm, cinnamon sugar doughnut flavor you love in the form of a quick and easy muffin! Mix up a batch… you will be sure to love them too!
Yield: 12 muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 11TBS Butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TBS vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ sticks butter melted
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In bowl #1, Mix flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In bowl #2 with electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and salt until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream and milk. Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Beat just until combined.
- Divide evenly between 12 paper lined muffin tins!
- Bake 5 minutes on 425 F. Reduce heat to 350F and bake an additional 8 minutes or until done.
- Melt butter in a small bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon
- Dip warm muffins in melted butter, then coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”