Well, we are just a little over 1 week until Christmas which means I will be enjoying several mugs of hot cocoa this week!! I topped mine today with homemade marshmallows and chocolate shavings! Oh my, so delicious!! ? One of my favorite cold morning drinks. :) It’s time to fix a mug of chocolate and enjoy a little shopping at Garlands of Grace!✨?
Serves- 4 large mugs filled to the brim!
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk (whole milk is best!!)
- 1/3 cup water hot
- 1/3 cup Sugar(I use raw but you can use regular!)
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; stir and heat until hot. Do Not Boil. Whisk in Chocolate chips until melted!
- Remove from heat; add vanilla. Beat with whisk until foamy!
- Top with Marshmallows or whipped cream and enjoy!!
Fun VARIATIONS: Add Cinnamon, White Chocolate, Caramel, or Peppermint to make this cocoa festive!
“For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.”