Saturday’s bring with them quiet moments of rest and some fun baking for our house! The kitchen is filled with the rather sweet aroma of chocolate as our s mother whips up a batch of her famous Chocolate Cupcakes topped with a delicious Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting. 😍 Cherries added for an extra special and delicious finishing touch! 🍒I am looking forward to sitting down to one or two of these tonight.😊💗 This recipe has been a family favorite for soooo many years! So, from our family to yours😉, sharing the Garlands of Grace Family Favorite Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. Grab an apron, mix up a batch, and ENJOY!
- 2 C. White Granulated Sugar
- 1-3/4 C. All-Purpose White Flour
- 3/4 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Oil of choice! (We use Coconut oil or melted butter! Coconut oil is my personal favorite for this recipe)
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Extra Hot Coffee (can be substituted for Boiling Water)
- 1/2 C. Butter (softened)
- 2/3 C. Cocoa Powder
- 3 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 C. milk
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 12 cup cupcake pan with Cupcake liners.
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling coffee or water (batter will be thin). Evenly pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool COMPLETELY!
- While cooling, prepare frosting!
- Add softened butter whip in cocoa powder with hand mixer or kitchen aid. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
- Frost cupcakes and ENJOY!
NOTE: recipe adapted from Hersheys.com
“How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”