Anyone doing Christmas baking today?? 😍🍪 Tons of it happening at our house! We love getting in the kitchen and baking up a storm. Boxes filled with homemade goodies is my favorite gift to give! 💝 One of our favorite Christmas cookie is a simple Greek Butter recipe we’ve been making for years. I will top mine with a thin layer of white icing and festive sprinkles to give it a colorful touch. Absolutely delightful! I’ll share the recipe below! ✨❄️
Yields approximately 2 dozen cookies
Traditional Greek Butter Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter (softened!)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 4-5 cups powder sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in the flour to form a dough.
- Place on parchment form into long thin tube(about 2 inches in diameter). Refrigerate for 3 hours!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line cookie sheet with parchment!
- Remove dough from freezer and slice into 1/2 inch disks. Place on cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden! Allow to cool completely!
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting! Beat butter and cream cheese in electric mixer until blended. Add almond, vanilla, and powder sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy(about 3 minutes!)
- Ice cookies and don’t forget to add the sprinkles! 😉
- Box up to gift + Enjoy a few of your own!
“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.”