Today we are celebrating Summer and Micah is sharing her Cherry Pie Crumb Bar Recipe with you all! All the Cherry pie flavor you crave in the form of an easy, buttery crumb topped cookie bar! Just right for summer picnics and parties and last minute company too! You are sure to favorite this cherry sweet, Summertime dessert!
Adapted from Caramel Buttery Crumb Bars from averiecooks.com
- 2 cups butter (4sticks) softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBS Vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 21ounce can Cherry Pie filling (you may also use Blueberry or Apple Pie filling as well!)Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease one 9X13 inch pan with butter. Set aside.
2) Combine Butter and sugars. Add Vanilla. Mix in Flour just until combined.
3) Press 1/3 of mixture into 9X13 pan to create bottom crust. Set aside remaining dough in refrigerator. Bake crust for 20 minutes.
4) Remove crust from oven. Spread pie filling over crust. Remove remaining dough from fridge and Sprinkle all over the top to create a buttery crumb topping.
5) Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
6) Drizzle Nutella over the top and/or glaze if desired or dust with powdered sugar. Serve with ice cream and a cherry on top!
“How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”