Weekends are the time I get to put my apron on and have fun in the kitchen! Pies are always a hit at my house and today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes… Blueberry Custard Pie with Pecan Crumb Topping! 😍 Extremely quick and supremely delicious. Give it a try!!🥧
Yields 1 deep dish pie
- 1 deep dish pie shell(home-made is the best!)
- 2 1/2-3 cups fresh blueberries(the more the merrier! ;)
- 1 1/2 TBS flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 5 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash cinnamon & nutmeg
For the Crumb
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 stick butter(softened)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place blueberries in pie crust; set aside!
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; gradually add evaporated milk, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla until blended; pour mixture over blueberries(may not use all the custard filling depending on the size of your pie plate. Fill to about 1/2 inch from the top of your crust!)
- Place pie on a baking sheet(very important as pie may spill over) and bake 15 minutes!
- Meanwhile, prepare the crumb topping: In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar and flour. Mix the butter in (I always use my hands) until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Remove pie from oven and cover with crumb topping. Return to oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake 35 minutes longer or until crust & crumb topping is lightly golden and pie is set.
- Cool completely then enjoy!