We are enjoying a rainy day here at Garlands of Grace! Perfect weather for a Chocolate Chai. ♥ I came up with this recipe after a friend introduce me to chocolate tea! I couldn’t resist using Coconut Sugar but raw sugar, honey, or pure maple would be delicious! Use whatever sweetener you prefer! :) My personal Chocolate Chai recipe:
Serving: 1 delightfully delicious mug
- 1 cup Milk(I prefer using whole milk for this recipe!)
- 1 Chocolate Chai or Regular Chai Tea Bag
- 1 tbs Coconut Sugar or Preferred Sweetener!
- 1 oz Dark Chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground Clove
- 1/8 tsp ground Nutmeg
- Dash Vanilla Extract
- Bring milk to slight simmer on medium low heat. Turn off heat and allow tea bag to steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove Tea Bag!
- Return to medium-low heat and add the Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cloves, and Nutmeg. Whisk until chocolate is melted and spices thoroughly blended and drink is hot. Add Vanilla and whisk slightly!
- Pour into your favorite mug and thoroughly enjoy!!
“Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”