Y’all, Tomato season is about to happen here in Texas! 😍🙌🏻 For nearly 11 months I have been waiting for our tomato harvest…. Why? So I can make another Tomato Pie! :) This pie was made when we experienced an overabundance of Tomatoes last year. I made it for dinner expecting to not love it BUT it was unexpected love at first bight for everyone in the house! So, if you find yourself with a few freshly grown tomatoes, BAKE THIS PIE!🍅🥧 Serves 8
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 TBS Dried Basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust(I made my own using this recipe)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil, 1 tsp garlic powder, and onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the grated cheeses, 1/2 tsp garlic, and mayonnaise together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes!
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To serve, cut into slices and serve warm.
“And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.”