How are y’all enjoying the Autumn InstaPary?!???? I’m having so much fun sharing the excitement with y’all. BUUuuut you can’t have a party without a sweet treat. ? The house is filled with the smell of pumpkin spice and everything nice as a pan of my favorite autumn sweet bar comes out of the oven! My Pumpkin Caramel Crumb Bar recipe is super quick to whip up and outrageously delicious!! Y’all… DON’T WAIT to make these. Plus, the leftovers make a pretty fantastic breakfast! ;) Buttery shortbread crust, creamy pumpkin filling, finished off with a shortbread crumb topping and sweet caramel drizzle. These bars are fantastic eaten right away and(a bonus) they are even better next day. Give them a try! ?
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter very soft
- 2 cup all-purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 TBS light corn syrup
- 1 TBS water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 can (8 oz) Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Jar Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment set aside!
- Shortbread Crust –In large mixing bowl combine all shortbread ingredients and beat on low speed until combined and a dough forms(about 3 to 4 minutes)! Turn half of the dough out into prepared pan in an even, smooth, flat layer, using a spatula or your fingers(lightly floured) to smooth it! Put remaining shortbread dough into refrigerator for later! Poke crust with fork for even baking. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until crust has just barely set. It should not be golden or browned and should still be white, but crusted over and set. While crust bakes, make the filling.
- Filling – To a small bowl, add the corn syrup, water, vanilla, and stir to combine; set aside. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter, sugar, salt, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and combined, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the eggs, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and combined, about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the flour, pumpkin puree, and the corn syrup and water, and beat on low speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute!
- Turn filling out over crust in an even, smooth, flat layer, using a spatula to smooth it. Crumble the remaining shortbread dough on top of pumpkin layer(I love big crumbs but you can make it smaller depending on your preference)! Bake for about 23 to 25 minutes, or until edges have set, the center is set (a slight jiggle is fine), and the top has a few light golden brown spots. Allow to cool slightly then drizzle generously with caramel!
- Serve warm with icecream and enjoy!
** NOTE: cornsyrup can be replaced with white sugar and it tastes just as delicious!!