It’s Hot Cocoa weather here in Texas! Chilly drizzly days are just perfect for a cup of hot chocolate topped with freshly whipped cream. AND I am so excited share my very own Hot Cocoa recipe with you! Super quick and outrageously delicious. It has been classified “Christmas in a cup” by a few sisters. ;) A must try for Chocolate lovers!!
DON’T FORGET! There is still time to order Garlands of Grace for Christmas. GUARANTEED CHRISTMAS DELIVERY ends tonight(11:59cst). Place your Christmas orders now!
Serves 2 large mugs!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs sugar(I used raw but you can use regular white or even pure maple syrup!)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Dash or two ;) of nutmeg
- in heavy sauce pan, whisk together 1/2 cup milk with raw sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt over medium high heat until chocolate chips and cocoa are dissolved. Whisk continually during this step!
- Slowly whisk in remaining milk and heavy cream. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir frequently until hot. Add vanilla and whisk for 30 second!
- Pour into your favorite mug and ENJOY!!