Liberty of London headwraps in Bright Pink, Cotton Blossom, & Strawberries and Cream! ♥
There is no better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than baking with sisters and no more delightful treat to make than cupcakes! That’s what my sisters and I did today. I ♥ Cupcakes!! :) Add sprinkles to the mix and you have the perfectly perky dessert. :) The base is a delicious Cream Cheese pound cake and the icing a sweet cream cheese buttercream frosting. Supremely delicious! We’re wearing our Liberty of London Cecily headcoverings(for the girls too here ♥) today! :)
Yields: 2 dozen cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour and salt in two additions, beating until just combined.
- Line 2 dozen muffin cups with papers and immediately pour in batter (usually 1 1/4 ice-cream scoopers full). Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out almost clean, approximately 15 minutes. Cool completely. Pipe on icing(recipe bellow) and top immediately with sprinkles!
- Brew a rather large pot of coffee, sit down with a few of your favorite people, and enjoy!! (:
Cream Cheese Buttercream frosting:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1TBS vanilla
- 1/2tsp almond extract
- 6 cups powder sugar
Cream together butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and almond extract. Add powder sugar 1 cup at a time until icing reaches the right consistency. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and enjoy!