In between the hustle and bustle of a busy work week, Micah found time to make us a quick batch of cinnamon rolls! ♥ This recipe is a little simpler than our traditional cinnamon roll recipe and about 1/4 of the time to prepare but just as delicious!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 TBS instant or ‘rapid rise’ yeast
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 TBS ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter completely softened
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups powder Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Activate yeast in warm water & sugar. Add butter, salt, and enough flour to make a firm dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and kneed for 3 minutes adding additional flour if necessary! Place dough in lightly oiled boil and allow to rise for 20 minutes!
- Turn it out onto a floured work surface. Divide dough in half then use a floured rolling pin to roll 1/2 the dough out into a large rectangle, about 14 x 9 inches in size. Use a knife or pastry spatula to spread the softened 1/4 cup of butter out evenly over the entire surface of the dough. Then sprinkle evenly with HALF the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Beginning at the 14-inch edge, tightly roll up the dough. Use a bread knife to cut the dough into 11 or 12 equal pieces.
- Repeat step 3 &4 with remaining dough! Place each of the cut cinnamon rolls into well buttered pie plates or 2 9 x 13-inch baking dish. You can also use parchment lined cookie sheets! Then cover again with a towel, and leave the dish in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees(f).
- When the rolls have risen, uncover the dish. Then place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the rolls are golden and cooked through. Remove and let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes. Drizzle with your desired icing and serve!
- For glaze: whisk together water, powder sugar, and vanilla. Add additional powder sugar or water depending on the desired thickness!
“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.”